February 26 According to the exclusive reports of The Sun reporters Richard Moriarty and Jacob Jaffa, Greenwood first
Had face-to-face talks with Manchester United executives.
The striker and his representatives met with senior club officials as part of an internal investigation into the allegations against him.
Greenwood, 21, was cleared of any wrongdoing earlier this month and charges of attempted rape, assault, controlling and coercive conduct were dropped by the Crown Prosecution Service.
The England international thought he could restart his career, but United immediately announced that “they will now undertake their own internal review process before deciding on their next steps”.
The aim of the review is to give United’s leadership team a fuller picture of the allegations against Greenwood by a woman in January 2022, which led to his arrest.
A source said: “Mason and his team met with the club and started trying to figure out what happened and what might not have happened.
It was a very sensitive situation and the club felt it was only fair to give Mason a chance to fully explain himself.
The club will be keen to hear his version of events.
Only when they understand the big picture can they begin to move things forward.
There is no timetable for when the investigation will end, but a source told The Sun on Sunday that Greenwood does not believe he will feature this season, even if the club decide to keep him.