Two sides: Bilbao vs. Barcelona Event type: Second round of La Liga Match time: January 07
04:00 game address:
La Liga Live
La Liga Live
Bilbao: Favorable information 1. Athletic Bilbao’s New Year’s coaching change: Marcelino replaced Gezca Garitano as the coach. This game is his first coaching show in the team.
Marcelino is 55 years old and has previously coached many Spanish clubs.
In recent years, he has been in Sevilla, Villarreal, Valencia and other strong teams, leading Valencia to win the 2019 Copa del Rey.
After resigning from the Bat Corps in September 2019, he has been at home and is now persuaded by the Basque Lions to make a comeback.
2. The two sides met in the last 5 games, Athletic Bilbao got 2 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss, being the upper hand.
Since 2017, the Basque Lions have 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss in the 5 home matches against Barcelona.
3. Athletic Bilbao has 5 wins and 2 losses in the last 7 La Liga home games, scoring 11 goals and conceding 4 goals.
5 victories and 4 clean sheets.
4. Bilbao have only scored 6 goals in the first half of La Liga this season, and scored 13 goals in the second half. The difference is obvious.
In particular, 8 goals were scored in the 75th-90th minutes, and the lore goals in the last 15 minutes accounted for 42% of the total.
5. Athletic Bilbao was established in 1897. In the history of the team, it has won 8 La Liga crowns and 24 Copa del Rey titles, which can be called the king of the Copa del Rey.
Since the beginning of this century, La Liga has fluctuated in rankings, almost relegated twice, but most of the time it is positioned as a mid-range powerhouse.
The team pays attention to blood inheritance and will only appoint players from the Basque Country to form a team. The selection style is unique in La Liga and even in the world.
Unfavorable information 1. Since September 2010, the two sides have clashed 20 times in La Liga. Athletic Bilbao has 2 wins, 4 draws and 14 losses, with a loss rate of 70%.
In the last 6 home games against Barcelona in La Liga, Athletic Bilbao got 1 win, 1 draw and 4 losses.
2. Marcelino faced Barcelona 21 times in his coaching career, and only achieved 1 win, 6 draws and 14 losses, with a defeat rate of 2/3. However, Koeman won all of the 2 fights.
3. Athletic Bilbao’s 19 La Liga goals this season belong to 10 players, and no player has scored more than 3 goals.
On the good side, the attack points are scattered, and on the bad side, the offensive end lacks special explosive points that can score.
4. Athletic Bilbao received 44 yellow cards this season, the third most in La Liga.
Zhongli Intelligence 1. Athletic Bilbao currently has 6 wins, 3 draws and 8 losses, ranking 9th in La Liga.
Among them, 5 wins and 3 losses at home, ranking 7th.
Barcelona: Favorable information 1. Since September 2010, the two sides have clashed 20 times in La Liga. Barcelona has 14 wins, 4 draws and 2 losses, with a winning rate of 70%.
In the last 6 La Liga away games against Athletic Bilbao, Barcelona got 4 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss.
2. Barcelona has achieved 4 wins and 2 draws in the last 6 rounds of the league, and its performance has gradually improved.
The last two La Liga away games have won all, scored 4 goals and kept zero seals.
The last 5 main race away games have 4 wins and 1 loss, and all 4 games won have kept zero seals.
3. Barcelona scored 30 goals in La Liga this season, tied for the most with Real Madrid.
The team’s total shots, shots on target, and key passes are all ranked first in La Liga.
4. Messi has represented Barcelona to break through the gate of Athletic Bilbao 24 times, and is the top scorer in the history of the confrontation between the two teams.
So far this season, the club’s number of shots and shots on target are both the first in La Liga, scoring 7 goals and ranking third in the scorer list.
Sent 34 key passes, ranking third in the league. 5. Messi scored 15 goals and 8 assists against Athletic Bilbao 25 times in his La Liga career.
And Barcelona achieved 19 wins and 6 draws in these 25 games and remained unbeaten, with a winning rate of 76%.
6. There are 5 Barcelona players in the top 11 of La Liga’s successful passing list this season, nearly half of them: Frankie de Jong, Alba, Busquets, Lenglet and Messi.
The pass-and-control style of play is still the magic weapon of the Red and Blue Army, and it will not be greatly affected by the change of coaching position.
7. Barcelona’s style is relatively clean. The team has only 29 yellow cards, the third-lowest record in La Liga.
8. Barcelona coach Ronald Koeman was a world-class star in his player era. He represented the Dutch national team and scored 14 goals in 78 appearances. He was the core member of the Oranje team that won the 1988 European Cup.
In 1987 and 1988, he won the Dutch player of the year award.
Koeman made his debut from Groningen and played for PSV, Ajax, Barcelona, Feyenoord and other giants. He has won 18 important trophies at the club level.
Koeman’s coaching experience after retirement is rich and colorful: initially he worked as an assistant coach in the Dutch national team and Barcelona, and then as a coach he broke through multiple leagues in the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, and England, and won 8 important trophies.
Before coming to Barcelona, his last job was the coach of the Dutch national team.
9. FC Barcelona was founded in 1899 and is one of the world’s top clubs.
Team history has won a total of 89 important trophies, including 10 La Liga titles, 6 King’s Cup titles, and 4 top European titles since this century.
During the peak period, he won the title of “Cosmic Team”.
However, in the past two seasons, Barcelona’s dominance has declined significantly. Last season, they failed to hit La Liga for three consecutive championships and were runner-up. So far this season, they have only ranked fifth in the league.
Unfavorable information 1. In the last 5 games between the two sides, Barcelona got 1 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses, being at a disadvantage.
Since 2017, Barcelona has visited Bilbao 5 times in the main match, and Barcelona has only achieved 1 win, 1 draw and 3 losses.